Thursday, April 2, 2009

Robots and skateboards?

"And I'm brainless
Which means I'm headless
Like Ichabod Crane is
Or foreplay-less sex is
Which makes me stainless
With no neck left to hang the chain with
Which makes me necklace-less
Like a necklace theft
And I ain't used my headrest yet"

What?!? I just listened to Dumb it Down 4 times in a row...somehow I feel dumber and smarter all at the same time. I like Lupe, sure. He's right up there with my favorite artists. But dammit if he doesn't go a little too deep sometimes. And by a little I mean a lot. I feel like the dude on the hook. Listened to slowly with no other distractions, they're some of the sickest lyrics you'll ever hear. (Please see above). I don't want to sound ignorant or anything...I don't know, I just feel like I shouldn't have to concentrate so hard to enjoy music. But then again the alternative is Soulja Boy, who I'm pretty convinced is partially retarded.

No comments: