Tuesday, January 13, 2009

Everyone's a story

I was walking through the mall today and thinking to myself how amazing we are as people. How many stories or different lifestyles or paths people can take. I saw two lesbians kissing on the escalator (or at least one of them was a lesbian). Didn't do much for me, but not something you see everyday. I also saw a man walking through the mall with a garden hose. Where he was going or coming from with that garden hose I don't know (and don't really want to know), but I'm sure it's an interesting story. Then I started thinking about my own life. I've sliced two fingers open baking a cake. A pipe burst and flooded my room the night before my 27th birthday. I've cut a piece of my hand off doing a cutlery presentation. Two of my friends from high school have been shot and killed, and we haven't even gotten to our 10 year reunion. I watched my parents' divorce eat away at my mother at the age of 6. All the decisions I regret, mistakes I've made, times I've laughed and times I've cried. Everyone has that. Each person you see...I think it's amazing how many different permutations of life are being led in this day and age. All the steps you've taken that someone else hasn't. And vice versa. It is truly phenomenal. I'll leave you with that.

No comments: